Breezy upgrade disaster

bastill at adam.com.au bastill at adam.com.au
Mon Oct 17 11:17:04 UTC 2005

Quoting 'Forum Post <ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org>, '@wailuku.xlogicgroup.com:

> Can you get a terminal session going. If so try this:
> sudo apt-get update
> -(to make sure that the sources are upgraded)-
> sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

OK - did that, and it DID seem to help.
Only 4 issues reported:
Postfix not configured, hence niether were mailx, mutt or LSB-core.

When I try "startx" I do get a grey X screen, but nothing more.
On returning to the terminal I have a small string of :
"usr/X11R6/lib/(something I scribbled)/extensions/libGLcore.a:m_debug clip.o":
no symbols found
with "clip" being replaced with "norm" on line 2, and "Xform" om line 3.
I have no idea what this means :-(

Is there something other than "startx" I could try?

--
Regards,
Brian