Configure problem

Eamonn Sullivan eamonn.sullivan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 10:38:59 UTC 2005

On 17/10/05, squareyes <squareyes at internode.on.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
> am a relative newbie, and decided to do my first  configure,  make etc.
> Have aquired a tar from "scribus" and unpacked it to ~/Desktop/scribus
> the first step has got me confused, do I need to install a "C" compiler,
> and if so any suggestions.

You need to install the basic development tools: sudo apt-get install
build-essential

But, more importantly, why recompile scribus from source when it's
already available for Ubuntu? Did you enable (comment out in
/etc/apt/sources.list) the Universe repository? Once you do that,

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install scribus

-Eamonn