Breezy ALPS touchpad

Vaidotas Zemlys mpiktas at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 07:19:49 UTC 2005

Hi,

On 10/16/05, afmdg <afmdg at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Vaidotas Zemlys a écrit :
>
> >Hi,
> >

> >On 10/15/05, afmdg <afmdg at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> >

> >>In my Toshiba Laptop, I do that and my touchpad work better. The version
> >>xorg-driver-synaptics 0.13.6 don't work for me.
> >>
> >>I compile a new synaptic_drv.o with sources 0.14.3. You need X11-devel to
> >>

> > > do that. I replace file in/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/input.
> >
> >Could you elaborate on this a little bit? From where did you download
> >the sources? What compile options did you used?
> >

> You can find source at this url http://web.telia.com/~u89404340/touchpad/
> To compile, you have to get X11-devel packages.
> I do make in the directory of sources.
> They create a synpatic_drv.o and i replace in /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/input
> I change after xorg.conf. I reload X after.
> I have some errors after compilation of the driver but it is for others
> files.

Ok, I can confirm this works on HP nx9105 notebook. Download the
sources, apt-get install libx11-dev, type make in the source
directory, ignore the errors, make backup copy of
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/input/synaptic_drv.o  (just in case), replace
it with the synaptic_drv.o in your source directory. Enjoy tapless
touchpad and vertical scroll (relevant xorg.conf setup in my first
letter)! Thanks Michel!

Vaidotas