canoscan lide 50

Sean Sieger sean.sieger at
Sat Oct 15 19:50:15 UTC 2005

It so bugs me that I have never got my scanner
working with 5.04 and now 5.10.

Device Manager sees it but I get, 'no devices
available' when I try to run xsane.

I have the following packages installed:

...have tried rebooting with scanner plugged
in; rebooting then plugging scanner. Running
sudo xsane produces an 'on your own...' warn-
ing--but do I care? I try anyway because I'm
sick of using said scanner successfully with
my wife's xp machine.

Have I sold you on how frustrated... oh, and
the plentiful posts about plug and play, they
add to this frustration.

I'll even put a smiley on my thank you post...