Sound problems Warth Warthog (with Windows XP issue) and fix.

'Forum Post ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sat Oct 15 08:56:56 UTC 2005

I experienced a similar problem:

Sound (RealTek AC'97) always worked fine under Ubuntu (5.04), but never
worked without installing a driver in Windows. Yesterday, I installed
the sound driver in Windows, and now the sound is gone under Linux.

I don't know much about sound configuration, so I just followed some
steps on ubuntuguide (http://tinyurl.com/a7zrx, but it didn't make any
difference.

A similar problem occured when I installed the nvidia drivers for my
video card in windows; the next time I logged in on ubuntu, I got a
600x400 resolution. After rebooting the problem was solved and I got my
normal screen resolution back.

Can anyone help me with the sound problem? I miss my music, and I don't
want to use windows...

--
bernardfrancois