ANSI graphics over telnet

Phillip Susi psusi at cfl.rr.com
Sat Oct 15 05:20:43 UTC 2005

Matt Zimmerman wrote:

>As I said, we load a custom console font in order to support international
>character sets.

I see.

>>As for the font in X, I downloaded a .pcf font that claims it should
>>support the high ASCII chars and put it in /usr/share/X11/fonts/misc,
>>and ran mkfontdir and rebooted even.  The new font does not show up in
>>the font lists anywhere.  What more do I need to do for it to be recognized?
>>

>Try xterm -fn <font spec>

Yea, I thought of that and it does work, though certain positions that
text is in is all messed up.  It seems there are some problems with the
ANSI escape sequences for moving the cursor position around and such.
I'm not quite sure.

I wonder though, why the font does not show up in the font lists for the
gnome-terminal?