The Newbe has landed!

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Fri Oct 14 16:55:14 UTC 2005

On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 06:25:35PM +0200, Avraham Hanadari wrote:
>Today I installed Ubuntu 5.1. The installation went very smoothly. I
>was most pleasantly surprised, in fact.

To be a bit picky, it's Ubuntu 5.10 you installed, not 5.1 :-)

>I seem to have installed language support for several languages, and
>that's fine, but I have not been able to discover where the language
>keyboard buttons are. How do I get them to work?

What do you mean? What's a "language keyboard button"?

You can configure your language at System->Administration->Language
Selection and you can choose a keyboard layout at
System->Preferences->Keyboard.

>I also have not been able to mount the data partitions of my computer.
>Please tell me how to do that in 5.1. I have seen them in "disks" and
>enabled them, but I still cannot see them.

Check in Places->Computer. If they aren't there they aren't mounted, and
you'll need to mount them (let us know if you need instructions to do
that).

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

rogramming is an art form that fights back.