apt-get dist-upgrade to breezy: no firefox, no icons

Marius Gedminas marius at pov.lt
Fri Oct 14 12:23:58 UTC 2005

On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 07:40:49AM -0400, 'Forum Post wrote:
> Marius Gedminas Wrote:
> > * Firefox won't start.
> > * Icons on the desktop disappeared -- I get the generic "sheet of
> > paper" icon for all objects on the desktop.

> For icons got to the themes and change icon theme.

Yep, this helped.  The 'Clearlooks' icon theme was renamed to 'GNOME',
and thus my custom theme (Lush gtk style + Clearlooks window decorations
+ Clearlooks icons) broke.

> Try killing Fireox.
> In terminal killall firefox-bin or killal firefox

Doesn't help.  Removing the profile directory, uninstalling all
mozilla-* packages with extensions, making sure there are no running
instances of firefox-bin, and then trying to run firefox with a clean
state doesn't work either.  At most I get a profile dialog (if I ask for
it) and two lines saying

and then nothing.

Marius Gedminas
--
Hanlon's Razor:
        Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained