Intelx86 Kubuntu install

AJOHNSON73 at ec.rr.com AJOHNSON73 at ec.rr.com
Wed Oct 12 15:04:41 UTC 2005

This install is becoming a pain in the neck.
I down loaded the ISO file from the web site and checked the MD5SUMS
which matched perfectly. I then burned it onto a CD and booted off of
it and started the install process. At the step of the installation of
the packages it gives an error stating "unable to find bzip2..." and
then it says there could be an error with the burning of the CD. I then
burned another CD and it again gave the same error message.
I don't seem to see any problems during burning of the CD. I used Nero
and a Lite-on SOHW writer.
I have now started installing Ubuntu. Can someone help me with steps on
how to install Kubuntu from inside Ubuntu? I am new to this OS.

Thanks for your help.