Firefox and Mozilla unstable on Breezy

David M. Carney carney1979 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 20:43:17 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-10-11 at 21:57 +0200, Johann Spies wrote:
> SetWindow
> Destroy
> The program 'Gecko' received an X Window System error.
> This probably reflects a bug in the program.
> The error was 'BadShmSeg (invalid shared segment parameter)'.
>   (Details: serial 273 error_code 167 request_code 144 minor_code 2)
>   (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
>    that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
>    To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
>    option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
>    backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)
>
> This looks like the same type of error I get on Debian Sid.
>
> Regards
> Johann
>
> --
> J.H. Spies - Tel. 021-982 2694 / 082 782 0336 / 021-808 4036(w)
>              Posbus 4668, Tygervallei 7536
>      "I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto
>       me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of an
>       horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet
>       upon a rock, and established my goings."
>                                          Psalms 40:1,2

Hmmm....After many hours of surfing with Firefox [Breezy], I've
encountered no anomalies or crashes of any kind.

Any specific things you were doing or URL's you were visiting when this
happens? What plugins do you have installed?

BTW, I like the sig....

David

Registered Linux User #297958
http://carney1979.blogspot.com/