Request help for setting up ATI200M on Breezy

'Forum Post ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Tue Oct 11 19:56:46 UTC 2005

Christian Convey Wrote:
> Hi guys,

> I'm probably buying a laptop (HP Pavilion zv6130) in the next few days

> that uses the ATI 200M video chip. I know getting this thing to work

> is tricky, so I'd like to know how to set it up before I begin my

> Breezy install.

> Can anyone point me to (or tell me) the specific things I need to do

> to get X working with this chip?  Specifically:

> - which packages to [not] install

> - what modifications to make to my boot command

> - what should [not] be in my xorg.conf file

> - (anything else I'm missing)

> Also, my main concerns for this laptop, at least until Breezy+1, are:

> - 2D desktop performance that's not painfull (for regular apps, nothing
> fancy)

> - the ability to output to the external video port when needed (for

> presentations)

> - the ability to use the screen's native resolution: 1280x800

> Do you know if all 3 of these goals are currently achievable on
> Breezy?

> Thanks very much,

> Christian

im currently using a mobility radeon 9600, and just with simply
installing Breezy i got perfect clarity for my monitor(1280x800)

the downside ive noticed so far is that, me being a gamer, the fglrx
gaming driver  does not support this setting, so if i want to play
games i need to suffer with a fuzzy screen which gives me a headache

--
withoutclass