Intel GMA 900 on Breezy?

Christian Convey christian.convey at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 18:58:17 UTC 2005

On 10/11/05, Tobias Ambrosi <tobias at ambrosi.de> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > I'm torn between getting a notebook that has an ATI 200M (which is
> > known to be tricky under Breezy) and an Intel GMA 900 graphics chip.
> >
> > Can anyone share their Breezy experiences with this chip?
>
> I have a Notebook with Intel graphics Cchipset. For me it's the best choice, as I don't need 3D and the Notebook runs much longer, due to lower power consumption.

Thanks, that's a big help.

I don't need 3D to be fast (I'm not planning on gaming), but I'll have
a problem if OpenGL apps simply can't run at all.  Are you able to
run, for instance, glxgears?

> > My main concerns are:
> > - decent 2D performance
>
> Fast enough for me, I wouldn't know wherefor you need much 2D speed, normally you won't recognize any difference in 2D compared to other cards. Or did you mean 3D?

Nope, I meant 2D.  My basic uses are Konsole, C++/Python/Qt
programming, web browsing, email, and presentation with OpenOffice's
Impress.

> > - ability to use laptop's native LCD resolution (1280x800)
>
> Therefor you need a package called 915resolution (My resolution is 1400x1050). Its available for breezy and works fine. Just google for "915resolution breezy"

Cool, thanks.