Automatically sharing home directories

'Forum Post ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Tue Oct 11 18:25:28 UTC 2005

Eric S. Johansson Wrote:
> Benjamin Zeller wrote:

> > Use LDAP ;-)

> having acquired much much scar tissue in a previous life dealing with

> LDAP and authentication, has it become simple enough yet to just turn
> on

> LDAP, enter usernames and passwords and have it just work?

No. You'll be lucky to get it working in 30 days, nevermind 30 minutes.
It's still only for the truly battle-hardened, I'm afraid.

Now, about your issue -- samba has a setting to synchronize password
files, IIRC. Ah, here we go: Edit your /etc/samba/smb.conf and set unix
password sync = yes.

--
wylfing