Newby question on Dual Boot with WinXP

Gert Blij gert at icon.co.za
Tue Oct 11 14:06:03 UTC 2005

I use WinXP SP2 with a 100 GB hard drive partitioned in 4 x 25 GB FAT32
partitions on a Toshiba Satellite Pro laptop. The 4th partition is empty and
I was hoping to install Ubuntu there in a dual boot set-up with WinXP.

I found the instructions on how to do this in the Wiki. I followed the
instructions to the letter, found that Ubuntu wanted different information
than described in the instructions, took some educated guesses, only to find
I was way too un-educated and had to re-install the laptop from scratch :-(.

Does anybody know of any detailed and fool proof instructions for installing
a dual boot Ubuntu for the above configuration?

TIA
Gert