OS X/Ubuntu/GnuLinux and cost

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at ubuntu.com
Mon Oct 10 01:57:44 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-10 at 08:58 +1000, David wrote:

> What's the problem with shelling out $100 for an OS? Are you suggesting
> that there is no value in the work that goes into them? (even windows!).
> Do you also want your meals delivered for free? Do you want your hardware
> sent from the factory for nothing?

Nobody is stopping anyone of paying for Ubuntu, or at least contributing
for in a financial fashion:
http://www.ubuntu.com/donations/

Personally, considering the time I spend helping this distro and various
other project for its community  during my free time. I suspect it is
"costing" me a lot more than the equivalent of $100 every year. And
that's probably a familiar theme with many people in the Ubuntu
community.

--
Daniel Robitaille
  Email: robitaille at ubuntu.com   Jabber: robitaille at jabberme.org