netatalk UbuntuPPC woes
kim at anechoicmedia.com
Sat Oct 8 16:48:41 UTC 2005
I'm running UbuntuPPC 5.04 on a iBook G3 and a iMac G3
I have tried to install netatalk 1.6.4 on both machines
the boot up dmesg looks fine after install
then the gnome login screen comes up
and both machines would freeze at this point
so I booted into rescue mode off the install disc
and apt-get purged netatalk
and everything is fine
- is this a gnome conflict/issue/bug?
- why is netatalk 1.6.4-1 still in the repository?
- or maybe a better question would be: has anyone on UbuntuPPC got
this version to work?
- has anyone had any luck compiling Netatalk v2.0.3 for PPC, installing
that on a G3 running 5.04 and networking with OS X and Linux?
- have these PPC networking problems been fixed in 5.10?
More information about the ubuntu-users