How do I change the umask/permissions of automounted usb drives

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 23:21:33 UTC 2005

On 10/7/05, 'Forum Post <ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org> wrote:

> > So which config file control the options when drives and devices are
>
> > automounted? certainly doesnt seem to be /etc/fstab ?
>

> Pmount always mounts with root permissions if there isn't a line for
> the device in /etc/fstab.
>

> Why not just add sda1-10 or whatever the highest feasible number that
> you'll have connected at one time to your /etc/fstab?

I have things set up with hal such that my work usb drive gets mounted at
work-usb, my ipod at "/media/ipod" , my home usb with 4 partitions at
"/media/home-1" trhough "home-4" etc. I cannot edit /etc/fstab for all these
devices, since in fstab, one has to specify where it has to be mounted, and
not all of them are mounted at /media/work-usb. So that is why I cannot use
/etc/fstab :)

Carthik.

--
> mlomker