Newbie

Bob Schmidt bob58523 at charter.net
Fri Oct 7 19:20:58 UTC 2005

I have to type all this is by hand, my network isn't working :-)

Etc/network/interfaces

# The loopback interface
auto lo
Iface lo inet loopback

#This is a list of hotpluggable network interfaces
They will be activated automatically by the hotplug subsystem
Mapping hotplug
        script grep
        map eth0

# The primary network interface
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

Ifconfig eth0

eth0    Link encap:Ethernet Hwaddr 00:00:86:52:36:99
        inet6 addr: fe80::200:86ff:fe52:3699/64 Scope:Link
        collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
        RX bytes:0 (0.0b) TX bytes:710 (710.0b)
        Interrupt:3 Base Address:0x300

Bob