Happy Thanksgiving to the Canadian members of the Ubuntu community

'Forum Post ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Fri Oct 7 18:48:06 UTC 2005

Okay, eh, we don't use the word "eh," eh? That's just a myth, eh.
Seriously, thank you for your Thanksgiving wishes. Many people,
especially our great neighbours to the south in America, don't know the
origin of Thanksgiving in Canada. It actually originated in 1620, when a
boat filled with 100 English settlers led by Captain John Molson and
Lieutenant John Labatt and several thousand cases of French wine landed
on the coast of Nova Scotia.

They soon discovered that the wine had spoiled during the long journey.
It happened that Nova Scotia was inhabited by an advanced tribe of
natives called the "Brewmeisters." The Bremeisters grew a special crop
they called "hops" and soon showed the Englishmen how to make a drink
they called "beer." They settlers were so thrilled at the taste of this
thing called "beer" that it became the only thing they consumed. Soon,
the settlers were tipsey all the time and found that everything they
said sounded funny. Before long, the settlers discovered that "being
funny" was a great export and, to this day, Hollywood is full of these
Canadian "comedians."

And, that's the truth, eh.

--
canadianwriterman