Laptop running fan constantly on latest Breezy

Frank Merenda fmerenda at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 6 14:13:33 UTC 2005

Jack Jackson <jackson.linux <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Robert, what kind of machine, specifically, are you running?

Well, I'm the one with the problem. :)

I am running a Sager 5690. It's what Alienware used to sell as their laptop,
specs here:

http://www.powernotebooks.com/specs/Sager/5690specs.php

I have the 3.2 P4 w/hyperthreading, and 2gb of ram. I am running the SMP kernel:

[fmerenda]$ uname -a
Linux fmerenda 2.6.12-9-686-smp #1 SMP Tue Oct 4 19:10:46 BST 2005 i686 GNU/Linux

It just seems to keep running really hot for some reason. It never has before.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

-Frank