aptitude vs. apt-get

Christoph Bier christoph.bier at web.de
Wed Oct 5 22:00:00 UTC 2005

Will H. Backman schrieb am 05.10.2005 20:58:

> Is it true that aptitude should be used instead of apt-get?

Although the other answers are true I still use apt-get most of the
time. aptitude occasionally makes strange decisions on what to
install and what to remove. Then it wants to install packages I
don't want and I don't need (e.g. spamassassin, wine ...) and wants
to remove packages I need and use (nearly) every day
(mozilla-enigmail, gnotime, pdftk ...). So, have an attentive look
at the packages aptitude wants to install/remove!

Regards,
    Christoph
--
+++ Typografie-Regeln: http://www.zvisionwelt.de/typokurz.pdf (1.4)