Ubuntu Linux Installation

'Forum Post ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Wed Oct 5 12:46:49 UTC 2005

> I recovered my system and I was back to

> square1. I reinstalled my Windows OS.

> Because of this my NVIDIA graphics card my webcam and printers were
> impaired

> since I did put the correct CD but donno

> what happened.

Your devices were inpaired because you need to reinstall the drivers to
make them work properly. The dirvers should have come on disc with the
devices. If not, the vender's and or manufacturer's websites may have
driver downloads.

> Now Ubuntu does not show up at all anywhere.

After a Windows install, Windows always overwrites the existing MBR,
which will erase grub's. If you reinstalled windows into the partition
it was in, you should be able to restore grub using a method outlined
here:
http://www.ubuntuguide.org/#restoregrubmenuafterwindowsinstallation

If you erased the entire drive when you reinstalled, then you can
always install ubuntu like you did before, keeping in mind that grub
can be restored if the MBR is overwritten. You can use fdisk or
partition magic to see if the ubuntu partition is still there.

--
SilentCacophony