Best equipment/method for creating home wireless network?

Walter Tautz wtautz at cs.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Oct 4 20:20:28 UTC 2005

Hi folks, Just wondering if one can recommend equipment
to setup a home wireless network. I currently use DSL service.
I know there are wireless modems from my provider (bell sympatico).
Any recommendations?

I suppose the ultimate control would be achieved by using a cheap PC
as my gateway to the home network with somekind of wireless device
attached... any thoughts?

Can I make my network private, i.e.
if 2 or more computers connect to the outside world it should look like only
1 computer is visible (NAT?).

Any personal experiences would be appreciated...