[breezy] Can't see the Ubuntu artwork in my panels

Michael R. Head burner at suppressingfire.org
Tue Oct 4 00:29:45 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-03 at 19:33 -0400, Seth Hasani wrote:
> <quote who="Michael R Head" on Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 08:58:15PM EDT>
> > I have it installed. Indeed, I have the ubuntu-artwork package installed,
> > and even have the /usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/distributor-logo.png
> > icon which gnome-panel is _supposed_ to be using.
>
> Have you tried simply killing/restarting the gnome-panel?

Yes. I've even completely rebooted.

> Also, since the name of that icon changed to "distributor-logo.png", that's
> a non-standard name that was patched in, so make sure that the "gnome-panel"
> and "gnome-panel-data" packages are at the latest too.

burner at phoenix:~$ dpkg -l | grep gnome-panel
ii  gnome-panel                           2.12.0-0ubuntu4

Same version as on the two desktop I have here at my disposal. It works
on both of them just fine.

> >From the gnome-panel changelog:
> gnome-panel (2.12.0-0ubuntu4) breezy; urgency=low
>
>   * debian/patches/01_distrologo.patch:
>     - use the ubuntu logo, if installed, for the menu, thanks Vincent Untz!

Any other suggestions?

--
Michael R. Head <burner at suppressingfire.org>
GPG: http://www.suppressingfire.org/~burner/gpg.key.txt (ID 0x9932A319)