[breezy] Can't see the Ubuntu artwork in my panels

Seth Hasani sepheebear at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 23:33:26 UTC 2005

<quote who="Michael R Head" on Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 08:58:15PM EDT>

> On Sun, 2005-10-02 at 19:34 -0400, Andy Choens wrote:
> >         yeah, that one. It's the GNOME foot on my laptop, and the Ubuntu
> >         circle of friends on two other desktops machines. They're all on
> >         breezy and all have ubuntu-desktop and ubuntu-artwork at the
> >         latest versions.
> >

> I have it installed. Indeed, I have the ubuntu-artwork package installed,
> and even have the /usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/distributor-logo.png
> icon which gnome-panel is _supposed_ to be using.

Have you tried simply killing/restarting the gnome-panel?

Also, since the name of that icon changed to "distributor-logo.png", that's
a non-standard name that was patched in, so make sure that the "gnome-panel"
and "gnome-panel-data" packages are at the latest too.

>From the gnome-panel changelog:
gnome-panel (2.12.0-0ubuntu4) breezy; urgency=low

  * debian/patches/01_distrologo.patch:
    - use the ubuntu logo, if installed, for the menu, thanks Vincent Untz!

Seth