Help needed mounting drives on a Mac OSX fileserver

Seth Hasani sepheebear at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 18:09:25 UTC 2005

<quote who="GDB-B&W-X.3.9" on Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 01:19:55PM EDT>

> I want to be able to set it to mount the drives as before in fstab.
> Anyone have any ideas?

In my case I use samba on the OS X machine. Here's how I have it in fstab:

//10.2.99.12/music /media/music smbfs rw,users,uid=1000,credentials=/etc/samba/jinx 0 0

I use "users" and mount it under /media so I can unmount it easily from
gnome if needs be, and the credentials file /etc/samba/jinx I use is chmod
640 root:admin

$ cat /etc/samba/jinx
username=smbname
password=smbpassword