grub

Mario Guerra guerramarioalberto at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 16:56:04 UTC 2005

2005/10/1, guido dom <guido.dom at gmail.com>:
> For the second time the grub menu.lst file was changed after upgrading
> breezy: windows xp disappeared
>  I do not (and last time I did) find in the menu's any reference to an
> upstartmanager
>  I edited the menu.lst file as mentionned in that file, but no succes
>
>  Win XP home is on /dev/hda1 and there is a second data partition (hda5)
>
>  menu.lst is attached
>
> --
> Tel:+32 (0)58 239804  +32 (0)497 538736
> Fax +31 (0)84 722 2075
>
> Nog een mooie dag toegewenst.
>
> Guido (Dom)

Here I'm attaching my last part of menu.lst, at the end of the file:

### END DEBIAN AUTOMAGIC KERNELS LIST

title           Windows (Windows XP Home)
rootnoverify    (hd0,1)
chainloader +1
makeactive

Please note that the WIndows part is AFTER the END DEBIAN AUTOMAGIC
KERNELS LIST comment. In this example, the Windows part is in
/dev/hda2, which is the same than (hd0,1) in GRUB terms. Change this
according to your Windows partition.

Notice that the DEBIAN AUTOMAGIC part is generated every time a new
kernel is added and anything there is deleted and substituted by your
LInux kernel installations. If a Windows Grub specification is written
between the beginning and end of this Debian thing, it will disappear.

I hope this helps.

--
Mario A. Guerra
San José, Costa RIca