Digital camera, picture printing

Robbo ml at the-view.eclipse.co.uk
Sun Oct 2 15:48:00 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-10-01 at 23:52 +0100, Tristan Wibberley wrote:

> I was showing them gtkam to get the photos, but I see from another post
> that gthumb can be used, I've just tried using that, and it's much much
> better.
>
> Regarding your two suggestions, I'm going to show them
> gnome-photo-printer since f-spot is crashing when trying to import from
> camera. But the dialog for choosing options is a bit ugly. A druid with
> graphical preview would be nicer, still it'll be straightforward enough
> if I show them how to do it once.

I use a small script that mounts, copies (one locally and one on a
server) from the camera (actually I use a CF card reader/writer).

Yep gphoto is more stable, I prefer f-spot because I just use it to view
photos on screen and it knows if the photo was taken in portrait or
landscape mode which is useful when just viewing.