[breezy] update for usplash breaks boot splash...?

Neil Woolford neil at neilwoolford.co.uk
Sun Oct 2 14:08:15 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-10-02 at 03:43 -0700, crimsun at fungus.sh.nu wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 04:10:30AM -0500, Steve Kratz wrote:
> > I noticed tonight when I did a apt-get update/upgrade, usplash was
> > updated.
> >
> > After it did so, I no longer have a boot-splash of any sort, just the
> > (f)ugly text scroll.
>
> This has been fixed as of -21.

Didn't work here I'm afraid :(

Updating via Synaptic to -21 still gave me the broken usplash;  the
screen blanked, but then went back to scrolling text without pretty
graphics etc.

Then I ran;

sudo dpkg-reconfigure linux-image-`uname -r`

This gave output including:

Searching for splash image... none found, skipping...

But I've now got the splash screen back :)

Neil