Digital camera, picture printing

Tristan Wibberley maihem at maihem.org
Sun Oct 2 08:25:09 UTC 2005

Norman Silverstone wrote:
>>This is fun getting the old fogies using Linux and them being quite
>>comfortable with it. If it was their first computer experience, I'm
>>quite confident they wouldn't like switching to Windows XP. There are
>>still a few rough edges, but it is *certainly* "Ready For PrimeTime",
>>whatever industry analysts really mean by that.
>

> Just out of interest how old are your old fogies? I have been enjoying
> Ubuntu for over a year now and I am heading towards 78.

My old fogies are 64 and 63 and mostly computer illiterate. There are no
emotional attachments to any software so their comfort with Ubuntu is
natural. However, since the few rough edges are exactly where they use
the computer and we have an XP Home license, I will put them back on
Windows XP when their computer is fixed and try again with Dapper.

--
Tristan Wibberley

Opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily coincide with those
of my employer, etc.