Installing SVN ??

Shot - Piotr Szotkowski shot at hot.pl
Sat Oct 1 19:58:13 UTC 2005

Hello.

Vincent Trouilliez:

> $ svn checkout http://svn.example.com/repos/calc
>
> but, it doesn't work :o(

You have to install the package 'subversion', as this
is the name of the program. svn is just the command name.

> "I AM SVN, YOU NEED ME IF YOU WANT
> TO TYPE SVN COMMANDS IN THE TERMINAL".

To find which package a command belongs to, go to
http://packages.ubuntu.com/ and put the command into
the 'Search the contents of packages' search box:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/cgi-bin/search_contents.pl?word=svn&searchmode=searchfiles
(or use the apt-file package).

Cheers,
-- Shot
--
    I find that anthropomorphism really doesn't help me deal with hardware
    all that much, because it lends a certain attitude of disdain to what