Installing vmware problem

piltdown piltdownster at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 20:52:05 UTC 2005

Having trouble installing vmware. I have downloaed the source for my kernel
and it has been placed in /usr/src/linux-2.6.12-oci6.mdk. But when I try to
configure vmware the following message appears:

"The path "/usr/src/linux-2.6.12-oci6.mdk" is an existing directory, but it
does not contain at least one of these directories "linux", "asm", "net" as
expected."

I have managed top install vmware OK on other flavours of Linux (Ubuntu and
Slackware) but seem to be getting stuck.

Any ideas. Thanks.