Printer rename on Gnome in Breezy

Brad De Vries devriesbj at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 19:35:31 UTC 2005

Everyone, this seems like a very ridiculous question but I can't find
the answer anywhere so I've decided to ask the group.

Using Gnome on Breezy, brand new install, I wanted to setup my laser
printer.  The steps I took are:
1) Click on System --> Administration --> Printing
2) Double-click "New Printer"
3) In the "Add a Printer" dialog box, I followed the two steps:
  a) Network Printer, HP JetDirect, entered hostname and port number
  b) Chose manufacturer, model and driver
4) A printer was created with the name "Laserjet-5P" and it works perfectly.

What I don't want, and would like to change, is the name
"Laserjet-5P".  I'd like it to be called "laser" but I can't find
anywhere to make this change.  Can someone point me in the right
direction.

Thanks,
Brad.