kubuntu logo on boot screen

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Sun Nov 27 20:51:22 UTC 2005

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 18:26:24 -0400
Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca> wrote:

> > ########### De-Propagandising Procedure ##########
> >
> > 1) Make a tinfoil hat to protect yourself from the evil mind-influence
> > of these people, who want to control you and impose their evil designs
> > on your machine.
>
> No!  As reported this past week on "As It Happens" (CBC Radio, Canada), a
> team at (iirc) MIT just proved that tinfoil hats _increase_ receptivity!
> It's a conspiracy by the very people the tinfoil hat wearers are trying to
> protect themselves from!  (Oh, that should have a few more !!!!s)  !!!!!!

Ah, but "usually reliable" sources report that the research team is
the *same* team of "MIT rocket scientists" who found all that Unix
source code in Linux!!! You know, all that ... umm... well they
*said* they did.... or was that a mirage? Or... I'm really confused
now... < scrabbles through SCO press releases >

It can all be traced back to a town in Utah ( Lindon, was it? )

The plot thickens!!!

( add !!!!! ad lib)
 --

Linux User #343161