Mysql Server Question

'Forum Post ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Mon Nov 21 18:17:17 UTC 2005

Wade asked:

"Tim - a question. Im still really new to linux so bear with me. My
book

on mysql says -> mysql will be installed as root but for security

reasons dont run it as such. Its best to change the owner and group to

something like mysqladm and mysqlgrp.

If that is the case, if I change one mysql file I'll have to change

everything otherwise they wont be able to access each other - right?"

I am also totally new to linux (ubuntu has been awesome so far!!) and
MySQL and I am having the same trouble as wade.  it won't let me change
the user away from root and I have heard that it is bad to let root be a
MySQL user....

help?

andy

--