Breezy install problem with nano

katsklaw katsklaw69 at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 21 18:02:48 UTC 2005

The beautiful thing about open source software is that you can always compile
from the source code.

If you have gcc installed you can download nano's source
(http://www.nano-editor.org/)

Then type:

tar -xzf file-name
cd new-directory
./configure
make
make install

All the above can be done as a user except make install which must be done as
root.

This may also fix the broken package issue as well as install nano. Then again
it may not .. I'm a new Kubuntu user and I'm not so familiar with their
system. I'm mostly a FreeBSD type person.

Good Luck,

kat