grub trouble

Duncan Lithgow duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk
Sun Nov 20 16:41:05 UTC 2005

Hi there,

When I installed 5.10 I unplugged the drive with windows on - now I
can't get multi boot working again afterwards.

I use GAG on a floppy which hands over to whichever boot partition I
tell it. The problem is that regardless of which partition I choose on
the Ubuntu disk - it comes up with a grub... but no action. It just sits
there. I've tried using set-up to alter grub that it hasn't helped yet...

Could the problem be that I've installed grub on the mbr which doesn't
show up in GAGs menu?

Ideas anyone?

Duncan