How to kickstart from floppy?

Tim Jackson tim.jackson at ints.com
Fri Nov 18 02:02:56 UTC 2005

I am trying to get the Breezy install to see a ks.cfg (kickstart config)
on a floppy.  I have read the documentation on the wiki, and the RedHat
documentation that comes with system-config-kickstart  On RedHat systems
I have done this before by creating bootable disk using syslinux and
putting the linuz kernel and initrd.gz from the install on the disk, but
ubuntu doesn't seem to have a small footprint install.  Anyone have some
knowledge in this area? The docs seems to say that just saying ks=path
to ks.cfg at the prompt will work and that it will work for a floppy but
so far every thing I've tried has failed.
thanks Tim Jackson