kismet problems

stan stanb at panix.com
Wed Nov 16 11:46:43 UTC 2005

On Wed, Nov 16, 2005 at 10:08:22AM +0000, Olafur Arason wrote:
> Your card doesn't seem to support monitor mode, but try iwpriv eth1 monitor 1
> if that doesn't work then you can try ndiswrapper for your drivers.
> Also isn't the source line suppost to read source=wrt54g,eth2,linksys
> If you have orinoco card then you can try to download the
> linux-source-2.6.15 from dapper
> and then doing a tar -zxf and then sudo dpkg-buildpackage

The PCMCIA (a linksys) was working before I installed Ubuntu. I had
a version of Debian on it, at the time. The Compaq USB card did not
work (at all) in that configuration.

The problem may be in the source line in kismet.conf. Could you elaborate
as to what yo are syaing should be there?

Thanks.

--
U.S. Encouraged by Vietnam Vote - Officials Cite 83% Turnout Despite Vietcong Terror
- New York Times 9/3/1967