gv

Christoph Bier christoph.bier at web.de
Tue Nov 15 10:17:51 UTC 2005

Gary Hodges schrieb am 15.11.2005 00:56:

> On 11/14/05, Christoph Bier <christoph.bier at web.de> wrote:

[...]

>>It may be a Xorg thing. I have similar problems with gqview and
>>gthumb that did not occur with Debian Sarge on the same hardware and
>>I am preparing an email to this list (because of lack of time it's
>>unfinished for weeks ...). So, I'm just curious about answers to
>>your email. But IMHO buying new hardware should not be the solution.
>
> I don't disagree with your last statement either, but if it is a
> solution I will consider it.  I'm paging through postscript files that
> are often greater than 600 pages.  If I can spend a couple hundred
> bucks to speed this up I'm willing. [...]

I understand this, too. But my laptop is affected by this slow down
(on my triple boot desktop I'm still using Sarge because of other
performance issues) and so I can not just change the video card. And
to be honest: before spending money for new hardware I would
consider changing the software. Therefore I want to investigate
further on my speed problem (maybe it's not Xorg but KDE or GNOME ...?).

Can you provide a copy of such a postscript file for testing on
different hardware and platforms? And which hardware do you use?

Best,
  Christoph
--
+++ Typografie-Regeln: http://www.zvisionwelt.de/typokurz.pdf (1.4)