FreeDOS/Ubuntu on HP laptops?

'Forum Post ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Tue Nov 15 00:55:15 UTC 2005

So I took your advise, and I downloaded, burned, and installed the .iso
for Hoary.  Worked great.  After some wrestling got ndiswrapper
installed as well.  On a high, I upgraded to Breezy from a CD and the
net, and basically have now lost everything.  the ndiswrapper now dies
on boot, and I'm back not able even to get X to start.  What gives?  Is
there someway to re-run those config scripts on the CD to get it all
back?  Additionally, my kernel's version under `uname -a`  didn't
update?

Grrr, I'd rather have a BSOD and reboot and everything fixes itself
magically
(Ahh windows, if only it were free....)

Any help would be most appreciated!

-Patrick