Problem w/ Gxine

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Mon Nov 14 23:16:13 UTC 2005

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 13:10:16 -0500
Hakim Singhji <hzs202 at nyu.edu> wrote:

> With that said, my problem is with Gxine... I installed it and it works
> fine with streaming mpeg and windows media files however. I cannot get
> it to run DVDs. Gxine and Xine for that matter ask for libdvdcss2
> however this library file has dependencies on libc6. It needs a later
> version of libc6 and I am not even trying to play around with libc6. I
> already have the most recent ubuntu version.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?

From

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RestrictedFormats

"To get libdvdcss2, type in a terminal:

sudo /usr/share/doc/libdvdread3/examples/install-css.sh"

If that file doesn't exist on your system, you are missing the libdvdread3 package. Running the script above installed libdvdcss2 on my breezy system with no problems.

Peter
--

Linux User #343161