Problem w/ Gxine

Hakim Singhji hzs202 at nyu.edu
Mon Nov 14 18:10:16 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I have not really seen posts with good questions on this newsgroup so if
 there are no major objections I'm going to cross-post regularly for a
while to get some correspondence started on alt.os.linux.ubuntu.

With that said, my problem is with Gxine... I installed it and it works
fine with streaming mpeg and windows media files however. I cannot get
it to run DVDs. Gxine and Xine for that matter ask for libdvdcss2
however this library file has dependencies on libc6. It needs a later
version of libc6 and I am not even trying to play around with libc6. I
already have the most recent ubuntu version.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Best,
--
Hakim Singhji
New York University

"If you want to travel around the world and be invited to speak at a lot
of different places, just write a Unix operating system."
(By Linus Torvalds)