Many many small issues

Matthias Degenkolb matc at matc.yi.org
Tue Nov 8 19:32:15 UTC 2005

Hi all,

some weeks ago I migrated my computers from hoary to breezy. Most things went
well and I was happy for a while, but the following issues are starting to
make me regret my love to this distro.

- KDE "Autostart"
------------------------
Before breezy an inserted CD wouldn't result in any action. Now on breezy it
constantly tries to start Konqueror (even if disc is empty or Audio CD) and
then nags that it doesn't work. How do I turn this off?
Setting <storage_automount_enabled_hint>false</..> in /etc/hal/hald.conf
didn't help at all.

- KDE Storage media
-----------------------------
the storage media section as well as media:/ permanently stays empty

- LinCVS
-----------
During the patch lincvs got removed an cannot be reinstalled because of
missing dependencies.
libqt3c102-mt (>= 3:3.3.3)

- Console/Perl language
---------------------------------
Suddenly the console language changed to german which results in
ununderstandable output. How do I change the console language ?
Besides, on 2 of 3 PC's perl sometimes nags because of invalid language
settings.

- Shutdown screen
--------------------------
Now with breezy we got a (more or less colorful and appealing) boot screen.
But why does the shutdown result in a black screen showing a blinking cursor?
Always switching to another terminal just to see whether something's going on
sucks....

- Developping qt applications
Today the first time after weeks I found some spare time for a qt project.
But compiling has become impossible because all qt-libs and headers are
suddenly missing and installing them is impossible....

  qt3-apps-dev: Hängt ab: libqt3-mt-dev soll aber nicht installiert werden
  qt3-examples: Hängt ab: libqt3-mt-dev (= 3:3.3.4-8ubuntu5) soll aber nicht
installiert werden
(here i still would like english output....)

- Bluetooth and Kitchensync
I am trying to sync addressbook and calendar of Kontact to my Nokia 6630.
Despite the fact that bluetooth itself works well, the kitchensync irmcsync
module doesn't detect my mobile phone....

If anybody could help on any of these issues please do!

Regards,

Matthias D.