computer:///

Scott angrykeyboarder at angrykeyboarder.com
Sat Nov 12 21:31:22 UTC 2005

Prakash C.S. wrote:

> yes, i had entries in fstab, i had both noauto and auto entries in
> fstab. kde-konqueror shows both.
> i dont get in gnome.

I don't know where the blame lies, but right now there is one heck of a
mess if one has recent versions of KDE *and* GNOME installed (and they
use both of them).  Log in to KDE and find removable drives named one
way, log into GNOME and find the same drives named differently.
Eventaully both names show up in both places but only one of them is
mounted in each.

I've never had this problem till the past month or so and I've
experienced it on three different Linux distros (Fedora Core 4, K/Ubuntu
Breezy and Debian Sid).

Sometimes, they don't show up at all.  In all cases the fstab file was
as it should be, but it was to no avail.  I almost think one is being
forced to stick with either KDE and GNOME.  But I've alwyas used both
and never had this problem till recently.

--
Scott
www.angrykeyboarder.com