Video driver fails on Intel 810 card

'Forum Post ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Thu Nov 10 22:21:38 UTC 2005

I am having the same problem with the dell c400 in breezy.  This is
really a show stopper for me.  Besides affecting console switching, I
cannot hibernate either since the machine locks up when the video is
restored.

This worked in Hoary... so what is the difference now?

I have tried various settings in xorg.conf to no avail.  the vesa
driver will not work for some reason and telling xorg to use the
framebuffer for console switching or no does not correct the problem.

Guidance please?

--
rawaken