Using Wine

dan hentaidan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 19:39:31 UTC 2005

You should just be able to delete (I prefer to rename) your .wine
folder in your home directory. Its hidden (hence the "." before wine)
so you may need to show hidden files: (in nautilus) its View | Show
Hidden Files.

You could just ignore if want though, as ies4linux creates a
completely separate directory and places the installs in there;
neither should interfere with the other.

IIRC checkinstall is for installing programs from source and allowing
uninstallations. You want to keep Wine; Internet Explorer is installed
from within Wine, separate from the main packaging/source
installations that other native programs are installed with.

To sum up... I would just run the ies4linux script, thats what I did
and it worked a treat.

Dan

http://www.danicity.co.uk