Another Unofficial UbuntuGuide?

'Forum Post ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Mon Nov 7 03:23:11 UTC 2005

Yagisan Wrote:
> Ubuntuguide is not, has not, and will not be an offical site...

Most people including myself knows this. And most people that points
Ubuntuguide to newbies will state this too when they mention
Ubuntuguide. Even Ubuntuguide declares it is unofficial.

I'm not sure about Ubuntuguide breaking a system. It hasn't done any
harm to mine. But I do know there is a risk, with all the unofficial
repos added. I hope others are aware of the risk too.

But lets not trivialise the contribution that Ubuntuguide has given.
When I was having distro-fever, testing and jumping from one distro to
another... the things that got me stuck with Ubuntu is the brown theme
and Ubuntuguide.

Not sure why I keep coming back to Ubuntuguide. Maybe it's because
Ubuntuguide was one of the first "guide" or "help" around for Ubuntu.
Or maybe the simple layout, or maybe it was created by a fellow
Malaysian.

I guess many others and myself are just comfortable coming back to a
place that we're familiar with. Sure, it's not perfect... but it works
for most of the time and for some, that's enough.

--
Buffalo Soldier