Another Unofficial UbuntuGuide?

Christoph Bier christoph.bier at web.de
Sat Nov 5 23:52:26 UTC 2005

Kipton Moravec schrieb am 05.11.2005 23:51:

> You want feed back here is feedback. I want to write a iso image on my
> CD burner. I go to help.ubuntu.org and find:
>
> 4.
>
> How do I install CD/DVD burning software (GnomeBaker)?
>
>      1. Read How do I add Universe and Multiverse?
>
>      2. Install the gnomebaker package with Synaptic (See How do I use
>         Synaptic to install packages?)
>
>         GNOME Desktop Environment (universe) > gnomebaker
>
>      1. Applications->Accessories->GnomeBaker CD/DVD Creator
>

> So I installed it from synaptic. So far so good. Then what? It is not on
> my menu system. What do I do?  The help makes me believe it should
> appear in the menu. It is not there. Where is it? At this point the help
> is worthless. I believe I downloaded it, but I don't know how to find it
> to run it.

I hardly use menus to start applications just of an old habit but
also because you can't have /every/ application in your menu. The
most important apps reside in my gnome-panel. So, open an xterm or a
gnome-terminal and type gnomebaker or just gnomeb and use tab
completion (i.e. pressing the tab key for possible completions). If
the help you read is true resp. you did not misunderstand it, I
guess gnomebaker will appear in your menu after a restart of GNOME,
i.e. after loging out.

HTH

Regards,
     Christoph