Another Unofficial UbuntuGuide?

Phillip Sc. Boegh psb at ipl.dtu.dk
Sat Nov 5 23:14:06 UTC 2005

> You want feed back here is feedback. I want to write a iso image on my
> CD burner. I go to help.ubuntu.org and find:
>
> 4.
>
> How do I install CD/DVD burning software (GnomeBaker)?
>
>      1. Read How do I add Universe and Multiverse?
>
>      2. Install the gnomebaker package with Synaptic (See How do I use
>         Synaptic to install packages?)
>
>         GNOME Desktop Environment (universe) > gnomebaker
>
>      1. Applications->Accessories->GnomeBaker CD/DVD Creator
>

> So I installed it from synaptic. So far so good. Then what? It is not on
> my menu system. What do I do?
1. Simply write GnomeBaker in a x-terminal.
2. Often applications newly installed apear after next reboot (or a new
restart of Gnome (and X) Ctrl+Alt+backspace
3. manually place it in the menu through a Gnome menu-editor

> The help makes me believe it should
> appear in the menu. It is not there. Where is it? At this point the help
> is worthless. I believe I downloaded it, but I don't know how to find it
> to run it.
>
> Kip
You are right there should be an introduction for new-bees to the guide.

Phillip